Mode.co.nz is a 100% New Zealand owned and operated business based in Christchurch offering products directly from New Zealand suppliers so you can rest assured that you are dealing with local reputable businesses.
Mode.co.nz ensures your shopping with us is secure by using industry standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption technology when sensitive information is submitted via our website. In addition to further protect user information the servers on which we collect and store personal information are kept in a secure environment. You can verify the security status of our site by looking for the 'secure' padlock in your address bar on secure pages.
When you register with us at Mode.co.nz you are providing us with personally identifiable information about yourself.
This information is used;
- To allow you to access areas of our website.
- To allow you to receive email newsletters.
- To enable other areas of contact between you and Mode.co.nz and our merchants.
This information is provided at your discretion however to gain access to certain areas of the website and the associated services this information may be mandatory. Other information that we collect is in the form of aggregated data. This is not personally identifiable and is not associated with your personal information in any way. Our systems gather this information in order to track traffic through our site. Any information that Mode collects about you will not be sold to any third parties and is protected by this policy and in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. Please visit www.privacy.org.nz for more info on this act.
Gathered information about you will only be used for the following purposes:
1. To identify you and allow you secure access to your shopping history and user profile.
2. To effectively operate and administer the Website and make improvements.
3. For Mode or our merchants to communicate with you for any purpose relating to your use of our website and its services.
4. To process purchase transactions that you might make through our website.
5. To assist us in any marketing or promotional campaigns that we may implement.
Cookies are short pieces of data used by web servers to help identify web users. A small file called a 'cookie' will reside in your web browser to help you use our site. The information that we receive from cookies does not allow us to personally identify you but provides details of your IP address, the computer platform and browser that you use and from which domain you entered our site from. This information allows you to browse through our site with only having to log on once and it also enables us to keep your shopping bag contents updated for the duration of you visit. If you have any queries about how our payment system works or would like more info please feel free to contact us - we are happy to help!